The Governing Body is committed to, and actively support, the Headteacher and school staff, in achieving the school's aims and objectives whilst constantly seeking to improve standards across the curriculum.
Each Governor has a particular area of responsibility and are frequent visitors to the school. The Chair of Governors, Mrs Caroline Worthington, can be contacted via the school
Aims of the school
- Valuing every student as an individual
- Creating an atmosphere of happiness and security where success is celebrated
- Maintaining high expectations to develop the potential of each student
- Retaining a supportive and approachable relationship with staff and parents to work together.
- Further developing the links with our neighbourhood mainstream schools
- Strengthening our links with the community
- Promoting and encouraging all staff to continue to develop professionally
- Developing sustainable training packages for staff and parents through supporting staff to become accredited trainers
- Working with an interagency team of professionals to the benefit of the student and his/her family
A message from the Chair of Governors
"Ysgol Maes Hyfryd is now an established well-respected school in our community. This is due to the hard work and dedication all the school staff, the guidance and encouragement of the governing body and most of all the support and encouragement of you the parents.
We can look back and reflect on another busy academic year. All our leavers have done well in gaining various accreditations' enabling them to move forward into the wider world with confidence. We are looking forward to another exciting year. I feel confident that, once again, we will have many achievements to celebrate."
Mrs Carolyn Worthington
For more information use