Ysgol Maes Hyfryd Texting Service
SMS for schools takes advantage of a popular channel of communication in order to quickly convey important messages to groups of students, parents and employees. Over 98% of the population has access to a mobile device capable of receiving SMS messages and, with most SMS messages being opened within ninety seconds of delivery, text messages are viewed by more of their target audience than any other form of mass communication.
This makes text messaging a perfect way to communicate with parents about just about everything, not just emergencies but to:
- Notify parents of school closures
- Inform parents of any schedule changes for their child, school, or school related event
- Let parents know of any transport issues that may delay their child’s arrival home
- Contact parents in case of emergencies
- Messages can be sent to all parents who have registered their number
- Messages can be sent to whole school, classes or other groups e.g. sports teams
- Reminders for parents' evenings.