Rebound Therapy is a form of physiotherapy. It uses trampolines to provide therapeutic exercises to people with a wide variety of disabilities and additional needs.
The therapy involves using the moving bed of the trampoline to promote movement in the participant. By carrying out basic through to highly technical physiotherapy techniques on the trampoline, the therapy can provide many therapeutic and physiological benefits
- Facilitate and promote movement and balance,
- Improve fitness,
- Increase or decrease muscle tone,
- Help relax the participant,
- Improve sensory integration,
- Improve concentration
- Improve communication skills.
Rebound is delivered by staff who have undertaken the correct training. Pupils progress is also tracked using the Winstrada assessment framework.