Being able to communicate is one of the most important skills we need in life. Almost everything we do involves communication; everyday tasks such as learning at school, asking for food and drink, sorting out problems, making friends and having fun.
These all rely on our ability to communicate with each other.
Makaton enables the development of fundamental communication skills in early years, as well as the development of broader communication, language and literacy skills in children and young adults.
Makaton can have positive outcomes for a wide range of needs, including children with:
- Specific learning difficulties
- Moderate learning difficulties
- Severe learning difficulties
- Profound and multiple difficulties
- Physical difficulties
- Behavioural emotional and social difficulties
- Autistic spectrum disorders
- Hearing impairment
- Multi-sensory difficulties
Find out more information at